Rivijera Paklenica › Gates of Velebit
GATES OF VELEBIT – multidisciplinary dance project 2013.-2015.
„Gates of Velebit“ is an multidisciplinary project which, through a series of dance performances, scientific lectures, artistic workshops, educational seminars and exhibitions, connects the past and the future of Velebit mountain. The major goal behind the project is the conservation of traditional mountain life habits and promotion of protected croatian natural and cultural heritage (ojkalice, nijemo kolo, mirila, suhozidi…)
The backbone of the program is the “vertical dance” as a combination of the art of dance and rock-climbing aiming at future development of this new kind of dance in Croatia.
The official collaboration with National Park Paklenica was established in July 2012 which will result with co-organization of six separate performances / program events in different parts of the Velebit mountain throughout 2013-2014. The final performance will be held at the main square in Zagreb (2015). After the premiere at South Velebit and Jelacic square, all audio-visual and dance materials will be converted into unique final product in order to prepare and perform a full-evening dance event in an indoor theatrical space (2015-16). That full evening performance will be offered to all international dance festivals as a kind of 3D postcard of Velebit mountain cultural and natural heritage.
- Program No.1 “Little tragedy” vertical dance performance, Velika Paklenica, National Park Paklenica (held in April 2013.)
- Program No.2 "Paradiese der Adria“ – ARTE TV, film by Thomas Wartmann(Filmquadrat.de) 2013.
- Program No.3 “Fading“ – vertical dance perfomans in Zadar, foto exhibition by Stipe Surać and the film „The Heart of Stone“ by Boris Šeper, 2014.
- Program No.4 “Baba`s tears” documentary dance film, 2015.
- Program No.5 “Vertical Dance Forum, 03rd -07th Dezember 2015., 1st transnational meeting Starigrad-Paklenica
- Program No.6 “Gates of Velebit” multimedia event, 2016.